Residence permit

Service description

In order to be allowed to stay in Germany, foreigners generally need a permit. This residence permit is issued by the responsible foreigners authority upon application. It is a temporary residence permit and may be subject to conditions. It can be extended or converted into a (permanent) settlement permit in accordance with the statutory provisions.

Who should I contact?

You can obtain the application from the locally responsible foreigners registration office of the districts and independent cities. They will inform you about all details concerning the residence permit.

What documents are required?

The documents to be submitted can vary greatly. Please enquire at the foreigners registration office.

What are the fees?

There are different fees. Please inquire at your foreigners registration office.

Legal basis

To top